Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sleepy Kids!

I don't have any new photos to post today, but I do want to brag about my children and how quickly they are growing up!

On December 31 we moved William, my little 16 month old cherub, into his real toddler bed. We didn't know what to expect because with Pippa we waited until she was 20 months old and for months she would fall asleep on the floor behind her door. It has been 6 nights so far with William and after we put him down we don't hear a peep. He falls right asleep on the bed and just doesn't get out until morning. Nick and I have lost NO sleep from moving him and he seems to LOVE the bed. He's getting so big. Our next step is moving him in with Pippa in a couple of months...

I am also beginning to really work on the toilet training with Pippa. We're still going back and forth with diapers, but she seems to be getting it finally. For 2 days in a row she has peed on the potty. Of course, the bribe of marshmallows, stickers and a chocolate really do help. I'm excited about only having to buy diapers for 1 for a while. Those things are pricy!

2 comments:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Wait a minute, you didn't give me a sticker or marshmallow when I went potty at your house. Now I'm just hurt.

We are super jealous of Will though. He is so mature (is that the word I'm looking for?) for his age. Like, he's really advanced and smart. Lucky for us, Jack can always just fall back on being handsome if that whole being smart thing falls through. Lucky Will, he gets to be both! I wish I got to see him today. What a love bug.

Anonymous said...

Yay for progress!