Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pumpkin fun!

Today was probably the most fun I've had with the kids ever! There is something about watching your children enjoy an experience for the first time, and today was full of them. Sure, we went to the MAiZE in Terrebonne last year, but going this year was the first time Pippa has been really into doing these things. William sees Pippa having fun and just joins in.

We met our friends, the Johnsons, out there and the 4 kids just had a blast. We saw the chickens and the ponies, went on a horse drawn wagon ride, played in the small hay fort, danced to the band playing music, pet some goats and lambs, ate caramel apples and pushed a wheelbarrow full of kids and pumpkins all over the pumpkin patch. Actually, only Nick did the last one.

There were no damaging falls, no meltdowns and no grumpy children. They fell asleep on the 30 minute drive there, so that set them up good.

Walking to the fun.

On the wagon, ready to ride. Giddy-up!



William, Ginger, Pippa and Wyatt.

Mary and her little lamb.

William hugging a goat.

Riding in the wheelbarrow!

Eating cookies and riding again. This may be my holiday card.


Dancing to the band. They were going nuts, in a good way.

On a side note, Pippa says funny things all the time with the deepest sincerity. Just now she was calling me upstairs so I went up to see what she needed. This is how part of the conversation went:

P: Where's Daddy?
Me: Daddy's downstairs doing the dishes.
P: Oh, I wish I had long arms so I could do the dishes.
Me: So do I honey, so do I.

Now she's back in bed where she says she is going to dream about painting her pumpkin. Sweet, sweet Pippa.

2 comments:

gramma tutu said...

Way beyond adorable! Love the pics and love those kids. Oliver is officially bigger than most pumpkins.

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Your kids are so amazing! I know I see them a lot, but I miss them!!!!!!!!!!!!! great photos and blog, la!