This is old news to most of you reading this, but our wolf pack has grown by one. Thomas Robert Reese was born on March 27, 2011 at 11:52pm. He weighed in at 9.5 lbs and measured 21.5 inches and is as healthy as I have ever seen a baby.
The delivery was fantastic. We did a home delivery with the midwives at Motherwise in Bend, Oregon. The two midwives were incredible and made the whole experience as easy and stress-free as have had a delivery. Heck, it wasn't even all that messy! The best part for sure was being able to sleep in our own bed afterwards instead of the hospital bed for Laura and the hospital room couch for me!
The three older kids love the new baby a ton. It's a constant battle to see who gets to hold him next or kiss him on the head. Oliver and William are constantly asking where Thomas is and what he's doing and if they can see him (with Mummy/sleeping/not right now, let him sleep). Pippa is ready to babysit by herself any time we're ready to put her in. It's wonderful to see how much they all love him, hopefully they'll still feel this way in 11 months when he's walking around and swiping all their toys!
Here are some pictures from the last three days. I'll post more as I get them!

Laura earlier in the day. She had felt her first contractions at 3am but they didn't really get going until 7pm when the kids all went to sleep. It was a race to see if we would have a 3/27 baby!
Mum and Thomas after delivery.
"Thomas" was the winning bracket name.
Thomas sleeping. He comes awake at night for a bit but mainly likes to sleep so far. Takes after his dad!
The Brood.
Brothers!

Big Sister getting her big sistering on.
The kids checking out their new brother.




3 comments:
He looks just like Will when he was a baby! I can't wait to get my baby cuddles on. He's amazing.
He looks gorgeous.I see he has been to the same hairdresser as you!! I wonder when the novelty will wear off with the children .Glad you are all doing well. xxxx Lesley and Andrew
Lovely lovely photos. Thomas is a gorgeous little baby and you all look so happy and relaxed. I adore the photos of him with all the different siblings and also with mummy. A real sweetie xx
Post a Comment