Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day Weekend 2012

Started the Father's Day weekend on Saturday with a free fishing clinic put on by the OR Dept of Wildlife. I've never been fishing before, but it was a total blast and everyone had a ton of fun. Almost caught a fish but he just took the worm off my hook and then right over to Pippa's hook to take her worm and then was like "Hey, I'm a fish in Central Oregon who hasn't been caught yet. I've lasted this long which means I'm smarter than you."

 
Pippa was far and away the best fisher of the group. She immediately picked up casting and lasted long after the boys lost interest and started throwing rocks and sticks in the water.

 
William did great with casting and reeling but got a little frustrated when no fish would come by. I told him that was part of the game but then he was all like "EFF THE GAME!" and went off and played. Hardcore dude, William. Oliver pretty much cried the whole time during fishing, but don't know if it's because he hates fishing or if it's because he's 3. We'll try it again when he's 4.

 
Laura was all like, "Fishing is too easy, how can I make it interesting?" So I was all like, "Um here, hold a baby and try it." She reeled in a 300lb marlin and then was all like, "What else do you got?" Last I saw her she was holding a baby, juggling four chainsaws, balancing on her head on a larger rubber ball and pulling in a dolphin. Let me know how it turns out.

 
Pool break in the backyard. "Y'all know what motherlovin' time it is?"

 
"POOL THIRTY!" 

This is the beginning of the Father's Day Demolition Derby in Redmond, where all the cars line up and rev their engines as loud as they can. It was loud. I can't wait until 40 years from now when they are doing this with beaten up Priuses and it's really quiet.

 
William loved the demolition derby the most. I suspect we'll be seeing this come up a lot in the next few weeks when he's playing with his cars.

 
Gracious, it was loud. 

This is Oliver having fun. You don't want to see him when he's not enjoying himself.

 
Pippa either enjoying the demo derby or ignoring her father, I can't remember which.

 
The derby or us driving out of the event center parking lot, I can't remember which.

 
I think right about this point a car might have been crashing into another car, I can't remember.

 
Me cheering on a crash or getting ready for someone to throw an M&M in my mouth, I can't remember which. 

 
Thomas slept through the loudest parts, because he is a Reese.

 
Dude can sleep through a motherlovin' demolition derby but you open his door at 11pm to check on him and he's all like, "WHAT'S THAT NOISE? TIME TO WAKE UP? HOLD ME!"

 
Thomas loving the derby, Oliver loving some crackers.

No comments: