Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Oh, Christmas Tree
This post is a little delayed, however I had to show you where we got our Christmas tree. It was a really fun day and Pippa still talks about it nearly 3 weeks later! In Oregon in November and December you can go buy a permit for $5 which allows you to go into the Deschutes forest, select a tree shorter than 12 feet, cut it down and take it home. This is what we did. It was so much fun, and not only did we get a $5 tree out of it, but it was a very impressionable fun day out for Pippa. Our tree is 9' high and the freshest tree we've ever had. Pippa is very proud of it, and surprisingly they are both very good at not knocking it down. Here are the photos from our day out...
Auntie Jess carried Will, Pippa was strapped to Daddy's back (she wanted to be carried, and it was best because of the uneven ground), and I got the backpack with the saw. We went with our friends, the Johnsons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Very smart move! I guess that's why your children don't have glass shards in their hands and mine does!
Oh, that was fun. I want to go again next year and I'll gladly carry Pip, Will, or Avocado (just not all three at once).
Hey, I want to go too. Looks like a very memorable day - good job guys!
Post a Comment