Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Oliver discovers his thumb!

Ah, Oliver is a doll. He is one of the sweetest, happiest and calmest 3 babies I have ever known. He usually sleeps for a 4-5 hour block at night (which means I do!), and doesn't really cry but rather makes these little noises that let you know when he's hungry or uncomfortable. As long as he's fed and dry he is a happy boy. He's beginning to smile now too, although it's not that frequent yet and I haven't been able to get any photographic evidence of it. What I do have photographic evidence of is Oliver sucking his thumb. Over the last couple of days he has been doing it a lot, so I'm thinking he may be another Pippa. Here it is:


I also have a video of the thumb-sucking. It's basically a minute of him sucking his thumb, kind of like one of those paintings in Hogwarts where the portraits move and blink and twitch and talk, but essentially it's just like a picture. Whatever. I enjoy watching it!



Also, just for the record, I have lots I want to blog about and even more photos. I also have 3 very small and demanding children who, with the light evenings and excitement of pooping on the potty, won't go to sleep at a reasonable hour. Once I do get some peace I use it to sleep.

Just for a real quick update, we have been busy trying to get out and do some things. I can walk again, I have more energy than I had for the whole of the pregnancy, and the weather is getting good. We have been to playgrounds, out for short hikes, Nick got a bike trailer and has been taking Pippa and William out 'bike trailering', we've been back to the High Desert Museum a couple of times, to Bouncing off the Walls, to the library storytime and of course to Costco and Safeway. Martha Stewart's new Cupcakes book came out at the beginning of June, so we have been testing out some of those recipes (they rock!). Plus, all the kids nap at the same time right after lunch everyday, so I've been getting a LOT of naps. I know that this will not last too much longer though :( I will post photos from the last 7 weeks soon. Hopefully it won't be 7 weeks from now, although I do have a new sewing machine I want to put through its paces...

2 comments:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Oh Oliver! He is an angel pie! I can't wait to see him on Friday.

gramma tutu said...

So sweet - he has really latched onto that thumb. See you in July Oliver.