Wednesday, July 16, 2008

River Rats

We've been pretty busy again this week as the weather seems to be consistently lovely. Nick and his sister Jessica have been training for the triathlon, which is on Saturday (eeekkk), so they have been practicing their swim in the Deschutes River, following the actual course they will be taking on race day. Remember that this water is a lot of snow-melt, so it is freezing. Now Nick wishes he had sleeves...

Nick and Jessica about to take the plunge

Oh, look, they're still smiling

Oh, look, now they're just cursing

Because it's been getting so warm by 11am, we can't really go to the playground later than that because the play equipment will burn. So, the other day I decided we will go for a walk before Pippa's nap and play at a playground fairly close to us. Pippa walked 2/3 of the way there, then began to get really stroppy. She did perk up when we finally got to the playground though. Here she is having some fun in the early morning sun...

I can swing higher than you

Up to the slide

Her ultimate favorite, after the swing, is the 'hang'.
She loves to hang. From bars, chairs, shelves, doors...

Then, another minor breakthrough we had over the weekend was William's naps. He seems to be fighting naps less this week. I don't know why, but I really like it. Sometimes, his and Pippa's naps even overlap by 15 minutes. Yay!

William taking a rare nap

Best French Toast Ever! Thanks Mummy

Delicious!

2 comments:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

The french toast picture is the cutest picture ever! That boy should be on a Cheerio's box!

Anonymous said...

Thank gosh it's a downstream swim! And I had to think about getting a wetsuit for a month...what's there to think about?! Freak'n freezing!