Sunday, September 6, 2009

Labor Day weekend

Lately, William has been talking a lot. He has also become besotted with Thomas the Tank Engine. Last week he started bringing the remote to me and saying in the sweetest voice imaginable "Thomas?". I have 3 recorded on the DVR so I now know each by heart. Thank goodness for Netflix Watch Instantly. There are a few DVDs on there too! Only today he does the same thing but says "Lets watch Thomas, watch Thomas?". Next week he'll be saying "No, I don't want to watch Dora right now. I'd like to watch Thomas, please. Here's the remote for you to change the channel."

Have I ever mentioned how much William likes to jump and throw himself around? Pippa taught him how to jump when he was about 16 months old, and he's been taking every opportunity to jump ever since. Now he has begun to expand his gymnastic ambitions to include headstands. That's right, headstands. He like to put his head down and flip his legs in the air. I have also shown them how to do it up against a wall.

Bedtime gymnastics session, trying to tire them out!

William. He wasn't leaning up against the wall here.

Pippa loving her baby brother.

We also moved Pippa and William into the same room a few weeks ago. It's been going fine and they are falling asleep quicker than they were at first now the novelty has worn off a bit. However, for the past week every time we have looked in on them they have been curled up next to each other on Pippa's bed. It's very sweet and Pippa LOVES having William there to play with!

Pippa and William sleeping in the same bed. This was 10 pm in the dark.
It's the flash that makes it look like day!

So far we've been enjoying our Labor Day weekend. We visited Wizard Falls Fish Hatchery yesterday in the rain, and today was so windy so we went to a local school and flew a kite. Pippa was really good at it and William...well, he loves the idea! Now I have to go and enjoy my evening! We are finally at the point where Oliver goes down at the same time (or before) Pippa and William, and the nights are getting darker sooner so we can get away with earlier bedtimes. It feels so good to have 3-4 hours without children around.

2 comments:

gramma tutu said...

I just love those babies. Great headstand Will. Always action photos with your little guys. Pic of Pip from album at beach - she was running and you can see the shadow of her feet in the sand - perfect shot! Love you all.

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

We must start having play dates again! Pip has so much to teach Jack! I am really impressed with Will talking, too! I love the pics, Laura! <3