Thursday, October 22, 2009

He's solid!

Last week I finally started Oliver on some solid food. I like to put it off for as long as possible partly because breast milk is perfectly adequate for the first 6 months, and partly to avoid the frustration of that tongue thrust reflex. Not to mention the longer you hold off the cheaper it is! For a while now Oliver has been able to balance really well when we sit him up. He grabs at our food if he's close enough and watches us eat like he's going to pounce on us.

I started him on some pear the other day. Oh my! He was practically climbing out of the highchair trying to get to it. Today I gave him pear mixed with baby oatmeal (I don't do baby rice any more because it didn't sit well with Pippa or William). He ate every bite I gave him. Then at dinner we gave him sweet potato mixed with oatmeal. Again he ate every bite. He seems so happy to be doing what the big kids do!

Today was also a big day for Pippa and William. My pediatrician has a Facebook page and around lunch time they posted that they have a small amount of H1N1 FluMist available for 2-4 year old children. We called and went in later that day. Pippa and William now both have had their seasonal flu vaccine and the H1N1 vaccine. Lets hope they work! Oliver has his 6 month well baby check up next week. He should be able to get his flu shot now and if they have any injectable H1N1 vaccine he'll get that too!

Here are some photos of the kids this week.

I'll just eat my thumb while I wait.

Mmm...delicious pear!

My little lookout pup.

Pippa 'helping' me make cookies.


William sat and played letters for ever! It you look carefully you'll see the long line of his favorite letter...OOOOOO

2 comments:

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Absolutely fantastic! I love those kids so much!

gramma tutu said...

He is SOLID! And cute too. He sure wants in on all the action. You're going to have an early walker on your hands. Thanks so much for the pics.