Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dress Up Days

I like to put some toys away where kids can't get to them easily. I've realized that the less there is around 1) the less potential mess there is to clear up at the end of the day and 2) it's less overwhelming to the kids, so they actually play with the toys that are out. Then, when I get out a toy that's been out-of-sight for a couple of weeks, it gets played with! I do this with the dress-up box. We got this out after a rather long hiatus and it has been a hit! Pippa has been a ballerina, princesses, Dora, a bumble bee and a cowgirl. William has been Thomas the Tank Engine. He's Really Useful.

Yesterday 'we' made a hobby horse, inspired by the one we saw in the toy store. Pippa chose the fabric and hair. Now she can be a real cowgirl! Because the one thing that was stopping her was the fact she didn't have a horse...

William is becoming sweet again. He has been doing what I tell him and he chats away to me. He's also begun to ask how things are spelt; something Pippa always does.






2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the photos- I can't believe how much Pippa looks like you Laura. She is very lucky to have such a talented mum who can make great horses. Started to put together a dressing up box for Alice too!

Christina, Jack and Kevin Reese/Barnum said...

Oh my babies are so cute! How I love them so!